- ODL Social Opportunities Facilitator
- Administration Volunteer
- Supper Group Volunteer
- Volunteer QTIPOC Group and Activities Facilitator
- Volunteer Trainer
- Volunteer Training Admin Support
Current Paid Vacancies
ODL Social Opportunities Facilitator
|TITLE OF POST||Social Opportunities Facilitator|
|HOURS OF WORK||To be agreed/flexible|
|CONTRACT TYPE||Zero hours|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||This is a rolling vacancy and applications will be considered as they are received.|
Opening Doors London is the largest provider of information and support services with and for older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans*people in the United Kingdom. We aim to ensure that older LGBT* people live happier, healthier and independent lives free from prejudice and discrimination. Everything we do is informed by the lived experience of LGBT* older people.
ODL currently provides over 40 social opportunities each month. This role will involve working alongside the team to provide support to existing groups and activities as well as developing new initiatives to meet the needs of our members.
You will be responsible for setting up and managing activities [such as arranging venues and speakers], recruiting and supporting volunteers and providing local marketing.
- Understand the diversity and needs of older LGBT* people
- Have experience of setting up and running groups
- Have experience of managing volunteers
- Bring energy and fun to the role!
(See job description for full requirements)
If you are interested in being one of our LGBT* sessional team, please see the application pack including the full job description and person specification at the following links or email HR@openingdoorslondon.org.uk
Current Volunteering Vacancies
Administration volunteers are being recruited to support the operations and development teams. Duties vary according to operational requirements but will include: data entry, spreadsheet maintenance, helping with mail outs, updating listings and helping to organise meetings. Basic knowledge of Office programmes is essential. Helping us run the office will be a massive help in our work supporting older LGBTQ people in the community.
Supper Group Volunteer
- This is a support role working as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of each event. Volunteers work as a team to set up the event, serve food and clear away dishes, and clean up at the end of the evening
- Volunteers should also focus on making sure all members enjoy the evening and when necessary are gently encouraged to socialise with other members.
- Volunteers are required to attend any relevant training and two volunteer forums annually
- Volunteers should be committed to and competent in member, volunteer and organisation confidentiality, and mindful of Information Governance policy
Volunteer QTIPOC Group and Activities Facilitator
- Helping to developing a supportive environment for older QTIPOC people from all over London, to be based in Lewisham
- Work as the identified facilitator of or group or activities developed in support of the above
- Promoting the group to relevant communities and other ODL members and volunteers
- Communicating the needs of older QTIPOC members of the group or general QTIPOC communities to the ODL team in order to facilitate a more welcoming culture within the organisation generally
- Attending any relevant training and regular supervision with the line-supervisor at periods to be agreed
- To be personally responsible to request your own formal and/or additional one to one supervision support with a relevant member of the ODL team should you feel this to be needed (e.g. to discuss personal training needs and development concerns etc)
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all products and events being promoted by ODL so that opportunities for cross-promotion can be maximised
- Working cooperatively as part of the ODL Operations Team
- Committed to and competent in member, volunteer and organisation confidentiality, and mindful of Information Governance policy
- Attending at least 2 volunteer forums a year
- Being a valued member of our team of trainers as part of our Reach Out and Open Doors training scheme.
- Working cooperatively with the ODL Training Team to deliver our official training programmes to our customers and other engaged partners
Volunteer Training Admin Support
- Working cooperatively with the ODL Training Team to support our official training programmes to our customers and other engaged partners
- Being a valued member of our training team as part of our Reach Out and Open Doors training scheme